Summary Terms and Conditions
Old Speckled Hen, Henry’s September Prize Giveaway, open to UK residents only, aged 18+. Entrants must comment on the Henry’s Lockdown Laughs ‘Would you rather’ post on @oldspeckledhen_official Instagram or @OldSpeckledHen Facebook and follow one of these accounts for a chance to win. Participants will be required to comment on each weekly Lockdown Laugh post in order to be entered for that applicable weekly prize draw.
Week 1: Old Speckled Hen Henry’s September Prize Giveaway Week 1 closes at 23.59 on 20.11.20. 20 winners will receive 1 x case of Old Speckled Hen (12 x 355ml bottles).
Week 2: Old Speckled Hen Henry’s September Prize Giveaway Week 2 closes at 23.59 on 27.11.20. 20 winners will receive 1 x case of Old Speckled Hen (12 x 355ml bottles).
Week 3: Old Speckled Hen Henry’s September Prize Giveaway Week 3 closes at 23.59 on 04.12.20. 20 winners will receive 1 x case of Old Speckled Hen (12 x 355ml bottles).
Full terms and conditions are available below. Promoter: Greene King Brewing and Retailing Limited, Westgate Brewery, Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk IP33 1QT
- This promotion is open to residents of the United Kingdom aged 18 or over only. Employees of the Promoter, their families, agencies, or anyone else professionally connected with this promotion, are not eligible to enter.
- This promotion opens at 00on 18.11.20 and closes at 23.59 on 04.12.20. The first September Weekly Prize Giveaway opens on 18.11.20 and closes at 23.59 on 20.11.20; the second September Weekly Prize Giveaway opens on 25.11.20 and closes at 23.59 on 27.12.20; the third September Weekly Prize Giveaway opens on 02.12.20 and closes at 23.59 on 04.12.20.
- To enter through @oldspeckledhen_official Instagram or @OldSpeckledHen Facebook, entrants must comment on the Henry’s Lockdown Laughs ‘Would you rather’ post and follow the Old Speckled Hen Instagram or Facebook page to be able to receive a direct message to inform them if they have a won.
- Comments which are abusive, insulting or offensive will not be counted.
- 20weekly winners will be selected from all entries received across @oldspeckledhen_official Instagram and @OldSpeckledHen Facebook in accordance with paragraph 8 below.
- Each winner will receive 1 x case of Old Speckled Hen (6 x 355ml bottles).
- The winners will be informed of their prize within 1 working day following the end of the promotion, unless otherwise specified.
- The winners will be chosen at random from all valid entries received.
- Reasonable efforts will be made to contact the winners using the details on entry. However, if a response has not been received within 24 hours, or if the selected winner is ineligible, otherwise in breach of these terms and conditions, or unable to take up the prize for any other reason, the Promoter reserves the right to select an alternative winner using the same process referred to above in these terms and conditions.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for failed delivery due to the provision of incorrect contact details by the entrant.
- The terms and conditions of any third-party supplier will also apply to the prize where applicable. If there is a conflict between third-party terms and conditions and these terms and conditions, these shall take precedence.
- The prizes are non-transferable and cannot be sold or auctioned. No cash or other alternative to the prize will be offered unless in the event of unforeseen circumstances, in which case the Promoter reserves the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value than the original.
- The winners will receive their prize within 14 working days following the end of the promotion, unless otherwise specified.
- The Promoter is required to comply with the provisions of the Data Protection Act 2018 and the General Data Protection Regulation in relation to the processing of any personal information obtained from you, including when you take part in this promotion. The Promoter is a member of the Greene King group of companies (the “Group”), and the Group takes the protection of your personal information seriously.
- By entering this promotion, you have provided your personal information (Name, Instagram account name, Facebook account name) to the Promoter, who is the Data Controller. Your personal information will be processed by the Promoter in performing the contract you have entered into with the Promoter by taking part in the promotion. If you are a winner we will also need you to provide your data or birth for age verification purposes and your postal address so we are able to send you your prize.
- Any personal information collected may be shared with other companies in the Group and will be used for administrative or operational reasons connected with the promotion, including to communicate with you. The Promoter will not pass your personal information outside of the EEA or to any other external organisation without your prior permission. Your personal information will also be shared with Pier Marketing Ltd. and Century Logistics Ltd in order that they may administer the promotion, arrange prizes and discuss any specific requirements with the winners on behalf of the Promoter
- Your personal information will be retained for a maximum of four months from the closing date to enable the Promoter to complete administration of the promotion and to comply with its obligations under the Advertising Standards Authority CAP Code.
- You have the right to object to the processing of personal information and to have inaccurate personal data rectified, blocked, erased or destroyed. If you have a concern about the way the Promoter is collecting or using your personal data, please raise your concern with the Data Protection Officer in the first instance at firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office at
- No bulk, machine-generated consumer group or third-party entries will be accepted. Entries are restricted to one entry per person. In the event of multiple entries being received from the same person or account, only the first entry will be accepted.
- The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify incomplete, altered or illegible entries. No responsibility will be accepted for entries lost, damaged or delayed, technical or telecommunications faults. Proof of submitting is not proof of receipt.
- The Promoter reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, to verify the winner, including, but not limited to, proof of identity and/or age, as required, and to withdraw a prize where there are reasonable grounds to believe there has been a breach of these terms and conditions or otherwise where an entrant has gained advantage in participating in the promotion or has won using fraudulent means.
- The Promoter's decision is binding in all matters relating to this promotion, and no correspondence shall be entered into.
- Owing to exceptional circumstances outside its reasonable control and only where circumstances make this unavoidable, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the promotion or these terms and conditions at any time but will always endeavour to minimise the effect to participants in order to avoid undue disappointment.
- To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter accepts no liability for any damage, loss or injury suffered (including loss of opportunity) whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way due to entering this promotion or taking up a prize. The Promoter is not responsible for any third-party acts or omissions.
- Entrants will retain ownership of any content, submissions and other material they submit as part of this promotion. However, entrants grant the Promoter (and its agents and affiliates) a non-exclusive, royalty free, worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual licence to use any such content, submissions and other material for the purposes of this promotion.
- The winners may be asked to take part in publicity relating to this promotion, but this will be discussed with the winners before taking place.
- By entering this promotion entrants will be deemed to have accepted, and will be bound by, these terms and conditions.
- These terms and conditions (and any non-contractual disputes/claims which arise out of or in connection with them) will be governed by English law and entrants submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- The Promoter reminds anyone entering this promotion to drink responsibly. Please visit co.uk/enjoy-responsiblyfor the facts.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Facebook. You are providing your information to the Promoter. By participating in this promotion, you agree to a complete release of Facebook from any claims.
- This promotion is subject to Facebook’s terms and conditions, which can be found at: https://www.facebook.com/legal/terms/update?ref=old_policy
- Promoter: Greene King Brewing and Retailing Limited Westgate Brewery, Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk IP33 1QT